Community leadership of the highest caliber is a necessity. Leadership Rabun is a program designed to develop the current and emerging leadership potential existing in our community. The program brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who have a demonstrated a talent and commitment for leadership. Through this program, these individuals will have an unprecedented opportunity to become more aware of the dynamics of the social and economic changes of today and their impact on our community.
The program aims to:
- Identify promising, emerging leadership from the various geographic, ethnic, occupational and economic segments of Rabun County.
- Provide programs and information on issues and problems of the region and to present the perspectives and skills of centrally involved individuals and objective observers to confront those issues.
- Build a network of current and former participants which will expand the range of associations of each member and which will be maintained beyond the duration of the program.
- Develop and foster a higher level of civic and community concern and activity by participants.
Leadership Rabun is an exciting and unique opportunity for those selected for the program. Once a month, from September to May participants will attend four to eight hour seminars on specific high priority topics, including:
- Understanding Leadership
- Communication Skills
- Partnerships, Diversity
- Values & Ethical Choices
- History of Rabun County
- Community Planning
- Human Needs & Services
- Coalition Building
- Servant Leadership
- Team Building
- Justice System
- Local, Regional & Georgia Government
- Environment, Quality of Life
- Education, Media
Area businesses, public and private agencies, civic and other organizations are asked to identify and support persons with leadership potential for the Leadership Rabun program. Candidates for Leadership Rabun must be concerned about the future of Rabun County and be committed to personal involvement in shaping its future. Candidates not selected for the current year's program will be encouraged to re-apply for the program in subsequent years, as our program size is limited. Tuition for Leadership Rabun is $200 and may be paid by the candidate, the candidate's firm or organization, or by a contributed scholarship.
For more information, email us
or call Sean Brady at (706) 782-4812.